Hypnosis is a powerfully creative state of mind and body that is characterized by a willingness and receptivity to receive, and act upon, specifically crafted suggestions. It feels familiar and comfortable because to most people hypnosis feels like deep relaxation or sometimes even sleep. In fact the origin is from the Greek word “hypnos,” which means sleep. But the effect of hypnosis is unlike sleep.
Hypnosis is not sleep, although some people get so relaxed that they may fall asleep. This is no problem because some part of the mind continues to listen to the voice of the hypnotherapist. In hypnosis, sleeping clients can still follow instructions such as moving a finger, taking a deep breath or awakening themselves when they are asked to do so.
During hypnosis you are fully in control. You know exactly where you are the entire time. You can adjust your position, scratch, sneeze or cough. You can open your eyes and bring yourself out of hypnosis at any time. You can still hear sounds around you, like a phone ringing or any other sounds that may signal for your conscious awareness to become active. You can alert yourself and respond to any situation that needs your immediate attention. You remain oriented as to person, place, and time. You can even hold a conversation in hypnosis, which is often the case in regressions and gestalt-type sessions.
When you come to Napa Hypnosis for a specific purpose such as smoking cessation, weight loss, stress or anxiety reduction, eliminating fears or phobias, chronic fatigue, pain control or creative exploration, your stated purpose becomes our objective for you. At Napa Hypnosis we help you to translate your wants and desires into the special language of the subconscious mind, and achieve your goals.
Some Other Facts:
- Hypnosis is scientifically proven and used in a variety of fields including medicine, dentistry, law enforcement, professional sports and education.
- Hypnosis is safe and effective. It was approved by the American Medical Association in 1958.
- Hypnosis has double the success rate of nicotine gum or patches.
- Hypnosis is a natural state that everyone can experience.
- Anyone with an IQ of 70 or greater can be hypnotized.
- You are always in control while in hypnosis and can terminate the session at any time.
- You cannot be made to do anything against your will.
- A strong will actually enhances hypnotic effectiveness.
- Hypnosis is easy and the benefits last a lifetime.